Up to £550 per day
Pearson Frank are currently working with a client who are searching for a Java Developers for initial 6 month contracts with likely extensions and an immediate start.
The client is ideally looking for someone with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience, for candidates with 5+ years' of experience you can expect the higher end of the daily rate.
For more specific project information we are happy to set up a call with the client as certain elements of the project cannot be disclosed in this description.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* Extensive knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
* 3 - 5 years' experience working as a hands-on (actively coding) Application Development Lead or related role.
* Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
* Frequent usage of Spring, Reactive Streams, Threads and Annotation Processors is a benefit.
* Strong security understanding with CSRF, XSS and CORS for browser / native clients.
* Experience with streaming API's a benefit and supporting large scale API versioning with backward compatibility.
* Usage of analytical tools like Splunk and Dynatrace a benefit.
* Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security, Spring data Cassandra Spring Apache Kafka
* Preference for advanced experience with Apache Kafka
* Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms.
* Experience with containers and deployment (Dockers / Kubernetes as an example)
* General - Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
ENGINEERING PRACTISES -
* TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito.
* ATDD - Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development including the use of tools like Cucumber and Selenium.
* Continuous Integration - Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson and Continuous Delivery - Experience with automated deployments using a tool like Rundeck.
* Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
Joining my client, you'll also open up a world of possibilities, you'll be empowered to take control of your career through training both in house and external, coupled with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in both the public and commercial sectors.
Please contact me ASAP for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org, +44(0)191 500 0020.
If you're a Java, web, mobile, or PHP professional looking for a cutting-edge, exciting opportunity, or a company that would like to learn more about how Pearson Frank can help you, then please feel free to contact me on; email@example.com,+44(0)191 500 0020 .
Check out www.pearsonfrank.com, follow our Pearson Frank LinkedIn company page, and connect with me on LinkedIn for the latest Java, web, mobile, and PHP updates.