Senior Full Stack Developer
Job Title - Senior Full-Stack Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Cape Town
About the Client:
Do you want to be cross trained into a niche and interesting programming language? Do you want to work for a company with fantastic benefits and great culture?
I am looking for a Mid - Senior openSource Developer who is wanting a unique opportunity to cross train into Scala - full training will be given but you must have proven previous experience in languages such as Java, Python, Ruby
As their Senior Software Developer you will be:
* Writing code for mobile and web applications using React, NodeJS, React Native and Redux (with some gentle sprinkles of Objective C and Java as required).
* Building APIs and services on back-end using Scala and PostgreSQL.
* You will help decide and plan which features you will build, and how they are architected and implemented.
* Build features and products that are easy to use and help our customers grow their businesses.
* Able to mentor and share knowledge with junior Software Engineers.
* You will work closely with your team, which includes other Software Engineers, Product Management(s) and design and UX minds
* You are happy writing both back end code and doing some front-end work on Web and Mobile applications.
* You can take a feature or product all the way from conception to release.
* You are willing to work with and guide junior developers to help you deliver solutions.
* You enjoy using and are not afraid to learn new and exciting technologies.
* You are excellent at solving complicated problems, understanding real world issues and delivering high quality software.
* You can deliver stable yet flexible software that allows us to iterate quickly to deliver features.
* You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* 6+ years as a professional software engineer.
* Experience with both back-end and front-end development.
* BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
* SQL database experience.
* Experience with Scala or another functional language.
* Knowledge of multiple programming languages
* Mobile development experience.
* Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers all a plus.
* Subsidised Medical Aid (Discovery)
* Full training into Scala
* Flexible working hours
* Shower Facilities
* Casual dress code
* Half day on your birthday
* Leave that enables work-life balance
* Work remotely once every sprint cycle
* Educational wellness sessions
* Macbooks and modern tech
I would urge you to apply now to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity as the role will not be on the market long.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: email@example.com or Phone: 0875505663