Job Title - Java Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Greenpoint, Cape Town
About the Client:
Do you want to work for a client working on projects within the Healthcare sector and continually improving in order to save lives? Do you want to work in a fast paced environment pushing yourself and your skills? Do you want to work in a sector where your work will really matter?
Our technology stack is Java - Kotlin / ReactJS / Xamarin. Our goal is to transform patient outcomes so you will be working in an area where your work really matters.
As their Java Developer you will be:
Part of a team building a critical real-time communication platform. You will take part in the planning and delivery of a scalable architecture that can support a high load with full redundancy.
You will be expected to be able to;
* Develop and maintain the core system components of the communication platform.
* Contribute to architecting and deploying a system that can scale according to demand with the necessary fault tolerance and redundancy structures in place.
* Manage deployment to cloud providers.
* Ensure databases are designed and performing optimally.
* Research and evaluate new technologies, components and tools for inclusion in our environment
* Involvement in the full software development lifecycle, including
- Agile processes
* SCRUM and sprint planning
* Continuous integration and automated deployment
* Maintain an automated testing environment
- Planning and architecture
- Maintaining production systems
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* At least 3 years of backend development experience in a commercial environment (preferably one with external users)
* Java / Kotlin experience
* Familiarity with deployment to Linux environments
* Cloud platform experience advantageous
* Competent in using distributed source control systems
* Strong relational database experience
* Message queues and REST services
* Worked with Akka
* Worked with event-driven architecture and CQRS
* Worked with Microservices architecture
* Flexible hours
* Remote working available in the future
* Top technology stack
* Progression available
I would urge you to apply now to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity as the role will not be on the market long.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0875505663