Job Title - Java Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Johanneburg
Are you wanting to work for a forward thinking consultancy with an above-market rate salary? Are you wanting to share your technical expertise with others and provide a fantastic service with quality results? I am looking for a Senior Java Developer or Technical Lead to join a brilliant consultancy company based in Cape Town with international offices! They are offering a fantastic salary compared to market rate as well as an opportunity to work within an award-winning working business.
As their Senior Java Technical Lead you will be working with one of their client teams on-site and be expected to mentor and share their skills and knowledge with other developers on their projects. You will be responsible for technical leadership within your teams and influence and steer technical decisions on the projects in a consultative and collaborative fashion. You will be a senior software developer with proven senior experience of software development and design as well as;
* Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills
* Introducing Open Source products/ tools as appropriate to optimise the delivery timescale and quality of the software product
High levels of experience on commercial projects will be backed up by knowledge of technical practices such as TDD, continuous integration, pair programming etc. Our tech leads also have wide knowledge of languages, tools and frameworks - and the enduring curiosity to stay abreast of changes in the field.
* Competitive salaries and performance bonuses
* Smart, experienced and friendly team
* Inclusive welcoming environment
* Medical Aid
* Flexible working hours
* Great Leave Benefits
* Global Experience
* They have great clients and teams to work with across the globe; big and small, new or old, ranging from large public-service organisations looking for digital transformation or consolidation, to nimble start-ups building an app - and everything in-between.
* Most people in this clients network work with them on a contract basis and they often welcome their associates back after a stint working elsewhere.
* They also are offering an above market rate salary which is fantastic.
* Java Virtual Machine based environment: Java, Groovy, Scala
* Strong Object Oriented programming skills
* Experience of developing and running code in containerised environments using Kubernetes
* Service Oriented Architectures: ReSTful, SOAP
* ReST Microservices architecture experience
* An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, XP, CI/CD
* Experience with version control (GIT/SVN/Mercurial/CVS)
I would urge you to apply now to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity as the role will not be on the market long - this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: email@example.com or Phone: 0875505663
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.