Software Developer, Python, Vehicle Subscription service, Kings Cross, London, salary £30,000-£45,000, Progression Opportunity, Flexible hours
Our client, located a short distance away from Kings Cross Station, are looking for a dedicated and ambitious Python Developer to work closely alongside their CTO to further and enhance the design and development of their backend systems. You'll be working in a small team to help drive their development and advise where necessary to ensure milestones are delivered. You'll be encouraged to share ideas regularly giving the correct candidate ample opportunity to see their ideas come to life as fully fledged features.
Strong transport links, office located within the Kings Cross vicinity. Salary and position are subject to frequent review allowing constant prospect for progression and growth for the right candidate.
* Design, build and test enhancements to your company's core product line integrating Django, PostgreSQL, Stripe and fleet manipulation via REST APIs;
* Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting as necessary for the development team and clients;
* Protect company assets by keeping information confidential;
* Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed and necessary for the running of the company.
Skills and experience
* Computer Science degree or equivalent;
* 1+ year of Django experience with knowledge of various Libraries, APIs and toolkits -OR- 2+ years Python experience;
* Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows;
* Deep understanding of how to write maintainable code and the importance of testing;
* Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability communicate effectively with a technical and non-technical audience.
* Experience using Django-cms and Zurb Foundation 6;
* Experience with server administration over SSH;
* Experience with using REST APIs including OAuth2;
* Experience with UI Development;
* Experience of using of project management tools such as Teamwork.
You'll be self-motivated and have a diverse sense of humour. Confidence is important as you'll be expected to come forward and contribute ideas wherever necessary. If English is your second language you'll be expected to speak it fluently.
The company itself has been in the vehicle subscription service for less than 5 years but has already had two sizable investments, making this the ideal opportunity to get on board with a rapidly rising company in a rapidly rising industry. Salary and role will be subject to review based on performance allowing the correct candidate ample opportunity to progress.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java, Web, PHP and Mobile recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Java, Web, PHP and Mobile jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements for JAVA, Web, PHP and Mobile professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the JAVA & PHP market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities & Java, Web, PHP and Mobile jobs are.
Python/Django/Systems Developer/Flexibility/Automotive/Kings Cross/London