Job Title - Python/ Ruby Developer
Job Type - Permanent
About the Client:
Would you be eager to continually improve customer value and internal efficiency through quality, innovative software? My client could use your skills, passion and experience to develop solutions that will help keep thousands of websites online.
You will be given the chance to work in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own contributions and require commitment to and understanding of the Agile (Scrum) development philosophy.
As their Software Developer you will be:
* Continually driving process and technical improvements within the development team
* In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understanding the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions
* Participate in all aspects of the software development process
* Integrate 3rd party applications into the hosting environment
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* Web development (Ruby or Python - cross skilling may be required)
* Database design and performance tuning (MySQL or similar)
* Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
* Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
* Object oriented development
* Linux systems administration skill will be an advantage
* Working with an API
* An ability to demonstrate in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices.
* Technology to serve operational and client requirements
* Programming, open source Technologies and IT in general
* Optimal systems and simple procedures
* Agile development and a self-organising team environment
* Sharing ideas and innovation
* Flexible working hours
* Currently trialing elements of remote work
* Performance bonus
* Cost efficient area to live in (ideal for those relocating)
I would urge you to apply now to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity as the role will not be on the market long.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0875505663