Java Developer - Belfast, Northern Ireland
£60,000 to £65,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
I am partnering up with one of our long term clients to aid with the recruitment of several Mid-Level Java Developers to be based in Belfast. They are one of the four largest consultancy companies in the world, leading digital transformations on the most cutting edge projects, utilising the newest technologies.
The role is heavily focused on developing and delivering software solutions for large clients across the financial and retail sector, utilising a diverse set of technologies including Java Version 8, Spring Framework, Microservices and TDD. Additionally you will get to develop on both the client and the server side software following recognised standards and patterns, working in an Agile environment.
You will get the chance to upskill and cross train into different areas that are of interest to you, advancing your tech skillset.
In terms of specific requirements, they are ideally looking for a number of skills. But rather than just regurgitating the job specification, I wanted to highlight a few of them below.
* Development - the core focus of this role will involve working to develop solutions for the client, getting involved across the entire project lifecycle, collaborating with architects and engineers on greenfield and brownfield development. The main development tool they operate in is Java Version 8, alongside frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate, therefore you should have good knowledge of core Java and at least one framework.
* Agile Methodologies - Agile plays an important part in the engineering process and they endeavour to utilise methodologies/processes including Scrum, Kanban, CICD and DevOps.
* Softer Skills - Good communication skills are key, you will work closely with the development team to provide the best you can offer and striving to progress. You will be keen to develop your skills, and constantly be up for learning the latest technologies and broadening your skillset. Previous experience in consultancy is advantageous, but not necessary.
Any additional skills in TDD,BDD and Docker is advantageous, however not necessary.
In return you will benefit from a competitive base salary as well as a bonus and their extensive company benefits package.
So if you are interested in the following this up with a conversation then I can be contacted on the following means:
* Contact Phone: 0191 917 3719
* Email: email@example.com
* LinkedIn: 'Amber Maddison'
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR
Pearson Frank is a leading IT recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more IT jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the IT market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK / Europe and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and IT jobs are.