Senior Java Developer
Job Title - Senior Java Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Cape Town
About the Client:
Do you want to work for a mobile tech company with an entrepreneurial spirit? My client has more than 10 years industry experience operating across 4 continents with an international presence. They are specialists in entertainment, performance marketing and carrier billing with several new exciting projects getting underway now!
As their Senior Java Developer you will be:
* Working with a team of programmers developing and maintaining a mobile billing and messaging platform including its front and back-end.
* Working on Debian / AWS based servers with Java / Erlang in tight integration.
* Develop and extend connections to mobile networks and aggregators all over the world, extend web based APIs, work on server side applications for our CRM system and create PHP / Bash scripts to schedule tasks, maximize performance of integrations and lead technical communication with your opposites at mobile networks, aggregators and suppliers.
* Take your own initiatives and responsibilities in the team and put you in charge of some parts of the system.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
* 4+ years with JAVA
* 3+ years experience with a scripting language like PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
* 4+ years with MySql
* Complex SQL queries and database schema design
* Experience with Amazon Web Services
* Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, etc)
* Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like Git and Slack.
* Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS
* 2+ years with Erlang (Advantageous)
* Shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc)
* 4+ years of Linux experience, preferably debian based
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Willingness to interact with outside collaborators and partners regularly
* Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
* Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
* Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies
* Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations
* Experience with application profilers
* Understanding of enterprise business processes and IT systems
* Ongoing training and development
* Casual dress code
* Free lunch Friday
* Monthly team drinks
* Work with latest tech!
* Great Offices
Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - due to a high volume of applications, if you haven't received a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: email@example.com or Phone: 0875505663