I am partnering up with a Global Analytics Agency who are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Lead with proven commercial experience in Scala to be based out of their London HQ. The company work with a range of leading brands in the Telecommunications and Online Retail space, utilising their state of the art data platforms to produce a range of services including market analysis, market forecasts, research reports and industry metrics. They are considered to be a thought leader in their specified verticals and are going through a huge period of expansion in 2019.
The role is hybrid, focusing on a mix of technical leadership, architectural direction, people management and hands on programming. You will be given the autonomy to design and build a range of platforms in Scala, ensuring that everything developed is testable, repeatable, scalable and most importantly automated. You will be expected to mentor and coach Junior Developers, acting as an SME in the team for all things software engineering.
Moreover, the role offers excellent progression with the long-term goal moving into either a Development Manager role or Solutions Architect role, depending on your preference. In terms of their requirements, they are looking for the following:
* Proven commercial experience working with the Scala tech stack (Scala, Play, Lift, Scalatra, Akka etc.) and an understanding of the full SDLC.
* Experience working with Java technologies (Java 7/8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JBoss) and Web APIs.
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices and Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON).
* Exposure to Cloud technologies including AWS and Azure.
* Proven understanding of modern engineering practices including Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (CDD), DevOps and CI/CD.
* Proven experience carrying out unit tests and an understanding of system automation.
* Proven experience mentoring and coaching more Junior Developers, with any team leadership experience a huge bonus.
In return, you will benefit from a highly competitive base salary (between £90,000 - £110,000) alongside an annual bonus (15%-20%), company pension (6%) and 26 days holiday. You will also be offered the opportunity to progress via their tailored 'T-Model' development plan, aimed at fleshing out the skills of their employees.
So if this advert hasn't hurt your eyes on your commute home and you are keen to learn a bit more about this specific opportunity then I would be happy to set up a follow up chat - I can be contacted by the following means:
Office Line: 0191 338 7540
LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.