DevOps Engineer - UK Wide - £55,000 to £75,000
FRG are pleased to offer the role of DevOps Engineer for a client who has UK wide projects and end users.
My client are a global consultancy who have a number of projects all around the UK, for DevOps Engineers.
Their projects are centred around their biggest client, UK Government. They're working with a number of public sector departments helping them reinvigorate their technical stack.
Working on government projects is particularly good for your CV as obviously the client are massive, but also that you would be contributing to work which helps the way a country governs, i.e very important work.
* Appetite for learning new technologies
* Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment
* Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
* Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux
* Experience building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
* AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) - preferred but not essential
* Knowledge and production experience of current container technology (docker / RKT / Kubernetes)
* Reasonable fluency in at least one of: ruby, go, python preferred but not essential
* Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools
* Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
* Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
* Core Networking & Loadbalancing
* Python / Ruby / Go
* Jenkins / Bamboo
* Git / GitHub / GitLab
* Graphite / Grafana / Prometheus / ELK
* SQL / NO-SQL DB's
* Hashicorp (packer / terraform / vault / consul)
The client are very big on the development of their employees. So the kind of character that they want, is someone who is tech mad and wants to learn continuously.
They actually allocate £10,000 per year per employee for personal development. Such is their focus on the development of their employees.
If this role and client interests you, then please call for Alastair 0191 594 9738 or send Alastair an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for taking the time out to read this advert!