Job Title - Java Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: CBD, Cape Town
About the Client:
My client is looking for a Java Developer looking for a role with an internationally renowned company. They are looking for someone to be responsible for designing and writing code and providing support to web applications. If you want to work for a company with global opportunities, working with teams across the world at the highest level - this is the role for you!
You will be able to work on your own when needed but also as part of a team and ensure that you take responsibility for your contribution to the design, programming, estimation and interface of a variety of applications. You will be working with a variation of back-end technologies including Java, NodeJS and Scala amongst others.
As their Java Developer you will be:
* Work closely with Creative, Business, Technology and QA teams to ensure the technology will be functional and meet performance targets
* Own the development of sub-systems and ensure they follow the established technical architecture and design
* Implement user and business requirements which are composed of multiple development activities or touch various sub-systems
* Maintain concise and clear documentation on projects as dictated by each capability's guidelines and best practices
* Debug complex issues in existing software applications
* Provide proactive feedback on policies and procedures when an opportunity for improvement exists
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
* Between 4 - 6 years' software development experience
* Proficiency designing and developing rich web applications using various technologies such as Java, NodeJS, Scala or Python.
* Work experience with automation and pre-processing tools (e.g. Gradle, Grunt, Maven, Ant)
* Work experience with data storage patterns and practices, namely relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or non-relational (MongoDB, Cassandra) platforms
* Work experience integrating web solutions with external web services
* Advanced-level knowledge of at least one back-end programming language (e.g. Java, NodeJS, Scala or Python, etc.) and object-oriented analysis and design
* Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. model-view-controller, observer, etc.) and software engineering principles
* Fluency with data transfer formats and protocols popular in web applications (e.g. JSON, XML, HTTP)
* Capable of working with new technologies and building proof of concept prototypes.
* Capable of building a web solution based on a Content Management System or e-commerce platform.
* Capable of troubleshooting, debugging and doing root cause analysis of web platform issues
* Capable of creating and consuming REST web services
* Capable of writing unit tests, and scripting load and performance tests
* Ongoing training and development
* Casual dress code
* Free parking
* Great Offices
* Med and pension
* Remote working - 2 days.
* Flexible hours
Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - due to a high volume of applications, if you haven't received a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
This is definitely a job you shouldn't let slip through your fingers. Not many companies will offer as many benefits as this. If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0875505663