I am working with an exciting start-up company, providing data and warranty solutions for manufacturers and OEMs that use Li-ion batteries in their products. My client are part of an award winning project between three successful established organisations within the area.
They are looking for a Big Data Engineer that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analysing of large sets of battery performance data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with other software architecture used across the company. As a start-up company there will be many opportunities to become involved beyond pure data engineering including data science algorithm development, visualisation and business development.
* Web server architecture and maintenance
* Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
* Implementing ETL processes where necessary
* Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
* Defining data retention policies
* Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
* Experience of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other cloud Apache server hosts
* Enthusiasm for Big Data management and processing
* Interest in IoT and Edge computing, and experience with standard communications protocols
* Energetic and want to work with a growing team of professionals
* Previous work experience necessary
Salary, depending upon experience, up to £40,000 per annum. Benefits include generous pension, medical expenses insurance, flexible holiday periods.
Jefferson Frank International Ltd is the global leader in AWS recruitment, advertising more AWS jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users globally and we have never had more live development jobs for AWS professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the AWS market I have built relationships with most of the key employers.
Jefferson Frank Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
To discuss this opportunity further or apply for the vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Thomas Gilroy on +44 191 814 7448.