Lead Java Developer - Birmingham - £40,000 - £50,000
Who are my client? They work with the world's biggest brands to create and deliver a wide range of digital marketing, brand development and creative communications. With the perfect blend of technology and creativity they develop connections between their client's brands customers with a future focused mindset.
What is the role ?
* As a Lead Java Developer you'll have access to a number of projects, some greenfield and some already begun where you will collaborate with the rest of the development team to achieve brand objectives. This is a hands on role where you will work in an Agile (Scrum) environment using TDD (test-driven development), and adhering to Clean Code guidelines.
* You will work as part of cross functional teams providing technical leadership helping to define and execute the development strategy
* You will conduct code reviews, work with account directors, creative, and the client directly to ensure projects are delivered on time to a high standard.
* Mentor and develop other members of the team
* Implement / improve working practices
* The back-end systems are built with Java ,Spring MVC / Boot, Thymeleaf, RESTful web services, DD4T2, SDL Web 8, MongoDB, MySQL, Junit, Mockito, Guava, Apache Commons, Maven, Docker and Jenkins.
* You will write code / solve technical problems each day and move around teams every so often to give you that variety and personal development.
Skills I would need you to have are:
* Proven experience of working in an agile environment
* 5 years and above development experience in a commercial environment
* Knowledge of at least one Java MVC Web development framework (ideally Spring MVC/Boot)
* Proven ability to deliver a wide range of projects, large and small
* Knowledge of Test Driven Development
* Strong knowledge of software development practices, processes and theories, especially around Agile Development Principles
* Linux server admin experience
Why work here?
Aside from your salary you will receive a generous benefits package which they are in the process of updating. They pride themselves on being able to provide you with a rewarding career. You will come face to face with challenges that will drive your development forward and produce meaningful work.
Next Steps & Contact email@example.com
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessica-blackburn-0171a1161/ ( Jessica Blackburn PLEASE NOT MY CLIENT DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) & DevOps recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS & DevOps professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organisations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Visit jeffersonfrank.com, follow our LinkedIn page, and connect with me on LinkedIn for the latest AWS jobs, candidates, news and updates.