Senior Data Engineer | Central London | £75k
My client are looking for a Data Engineer / Python Developer who has solid experience in Big Data development, as well as experience with traditional data and data warehousing environments.
The role requires an individual who can provide design leadership for the existing Data Engineers and to help guide their work. You will also provide technical assistance where needed.
You will be working for a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
The business has recently made the decision to invest in a cloud based Data Lake ecosystem. This ecosystem - delivered in 2018/19 is now in place and provides insights and reports.
In 2019 they plan to combine five 5 data sources, in the longer term the vision is to include unstructured data within the ecosystem.
* Extensive experience as a Data Engineer
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience of engineering robust data flows with Python
* Advanced ability as a Python Data Engineer
* Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
* Excellent communication
What you'll do
* Design and shape the data processing and analytics solution based on Big Data/BI technology stack
* Assemble and present solution designs with deep technical details
* Work closely with the current Lead Architect and Infrastructure Engineers
* Document, communicate and review the data architecture and architectural decisions
* Work within a team that are responsible for building tools and applications to aid the company's research, data science, machine learning and analytics
* Extracting data from source systems, transforming and loading it
If you are interested please get in touch - you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0191 338 7614.
I look forward to hearing from you!