Job Type: Permanent & Full Time.
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Start date: ASAP.
My client is looking for experienced PHP Developers to join a fast paced and increasingly growing international company. They are wanting PHP Developer's focused on the server side to help improve core platform services and ultimately build a next generation system.
* Maintaining our custom website framework and making adhoc requests to specific sites
* Adding new features to the website framework and to the CMS
* Improving performance of the websites
* Working closely with frontend team to assist with changes that require PHP functionality
* Working on the development of various small internal applications as required
* Implement unit testing on new and existing code
* Diagnosing and fixing production issues
* Taking part in code reviews
* Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
* Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
* Finding better ways that we can get things done
* 3+ years commercial experience of PHP
* Strong understanding of writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements and using PHP with MySQL
* Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
* Understanding of MVC design patterns
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Familiarity with Unit and Integration testing
* Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
* Proactive and highly motivated with the ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Ideal candidate would have:
* Strong knowledge of the Laravel PHP web framework
* Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits, and their solutions
* Experience with Jira or Wrike or similar project management tool
* Experience migrating legacy codebases to cleaner architectures and modern frameworks
* Some experience of the online casino industry
If you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about the role.