AWS Lead Data Engineers wanted in Edinburgh
My client are a successful and rapidly growing Business Intelligence consultancy based in Glasgow, with clients in Edinburgh and across the central belt. They pride themselves on making sure they hire the right people for their customers, and their own cultural fit.
This role will be on client side in Edinburgh.
They are looking for someone who can match the quality of their team, and their "can do" attitude that makes them a great company to do business with, and to work for. If you have the some of the skills and competencies listed below, don't hesitate.
They are providing an excellent salary, flexible working with minimal travel, private medical care, ongoing training and career progression.
The role will involve extensive programming, data preparation and reporting on a range of projects across various business areas and technologies.
What will you do?
* Design, develop and support a wide range of Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions.
* Use Cloud platforms to host data and applications in the most efficient way.
* Design, develop and support our clients preferred BI Technology.
* Gain confidence of clients and demonstrate that you can deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
* Deliver clear handover documentation to the client for any item of work.
* Work on your own or as part of a team on client sites. Communicate daily with stakeholders at all levels.
What do you need?
* Excellent AWS or relevant cloud experience
* Gitlab and Bitbucket
* Solution development experience
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Must have right to work in the UK
Nice to haves:
* AWS Certification
* Experience of Python Libraries - Boto3 and Pandas
* Machine Learning experience
* Knowledge of physical database design
* Financial Services experience preferred
* Project Management methodology - Six Sigma, PRINCE etc.