Senior Java Platform Developer.
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time.
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Start date: ASAP.
Role My Client needs a server-side focussed developer to help them improve their core platform services. If you can help build a next generation system we're interested in talking to you. What you already have:
* An expertise in the Java language (3 years minimum)
* Exposure to at least one other JVM based language
* The ability to write raw SQL beyond just simple select statements (1 year minimum)
* Familiarity with automated testing
* Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
* The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we'd like you to have in an ideal world:
* Some experience with Scala and its ecosystem such as Play and Akka
* Familiarity with Java Servlets, because there's always legacy code
* A working knowledge of functional programming and its advantages
* An understanding of asynchronous/reactive programming
* Exposure to integrating third party APIs
* Experience in performance profiling and tuning Java applications
* Some experience with PHP as some parts of our system are written in it
* A small company, can-do ethos
* We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
* A distributed workforce but communicating regularly
* Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
* A flexible working schedule
* Working remotely
* Adding new features to the existing platform
* Adding new integrations to the existing platform
* Working with the rest of the team to migrate the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based around Scala + Akka.
* Developing services to support websites and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
* Diagnosing and fixing production issues
* Taking part in code reviews
* Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
* Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
* Finding better ways that we can get things done
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus benefits.
Alternatively if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.