Job Type: Solutions Architect (Java)
Contact name: Liam Burrell
Telephone: +27 87 237 9834
Salary: Up to R1,400,000 per annum
This company is working in a constantly evolving environment of enterprise level banking, offering solutions to enhance the payment systems of banks in over 40 different countries such as New Zealand, Iceland, Denmark and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join the team for multiple upcoming projects.
* Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with the Business Analysts.
* Share best practices and be consultative to clients throughout duration of the project.
* Produce a detailed functional design model to match customer requirements.
* Co-team with the Technical Architect to produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
* Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document.
* Participate in internal projects as required.
* Participate in pre-sales activities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in Java technologies. The candidate should have practical experience and understanding of code, design, applications, as well as experience in assisting and mentoring others in these aspects.
Candidate must be organised and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment. Additional preferred qualifications are:
* BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred;
* Strong experience with UML Modelling;
* Strong presentation and communication skills;
* Willingness to travel to client locations (up to 50%);
* Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs;
* Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
* Must demonstrate good judgement and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimises architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
* Should have participated in, and be familiar with, SDLC and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
* 5-7 years of relevant experience in professional services, sales or customer support operations
* Proven Solutions consulting experience in large enterprises
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call +27 87 237 9834