Senior PHP Developer
Job Title - Senior PHP Developer
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Gardens, Cape Town
About the Client:
Do you want to work for a company aimed at making tough everyday tasks easier for their customer base? Do you want to be autonomous and work in a supportive team environment? Their application truly helps a great deal of people on a daily basis!
You will work as a Senior PHP Software Developer, creating new APIs and web spiders to automate more processes as well as building progressive HTML5/JS mobile apps. You can expect to work with Vue and React as well!
As their Senior PHP Developer you will be:
* Design, develop and maintain both internal and client-facing functionality, from inception through to deployment, full life cycle
* Write clean, efficient and reusable code, utilizing best practices such as SOLID, DRY and KISS
* Monitor, test, improve and upgrade existing functionality
* Assist with refactoring legacy code into a new Symfony based system
* Assist with maintaining and improving an AWS based production environment
* Create and consume REST and SOAP APIs
* Work closely with our director and senior management level coders.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* 3 years practical experience of PHP (Wordpress doesn't count)
* Strong experience of MySQL
* PHP MVC framework experience - 1+ year practical experience using Symfony, or Laravel works too
* Competent with source control (1+ year practical experience using Git)
* Comfortable working in a Linux environment such as Ubuntu
* A creative problem solver, that's willing to explore, with a collaborative, open source type mindset
* Good time management
* Fluent in English (written and verbal)
* Work your hours at whatever hours suit you - working from home is an option
* Flat company structure - you own projects and schedule your own time
* No dress code and can work anywhere in the office you want!
* Sparkly new coffee machine
* Small team = great start-up experience and anti-big corporate feel
* Relocation assistance with moving to Cape Town
Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - due to a high volume of applications, if you haven't received a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0875505663