Title: Senior Python Developer
Location: Cape Town.
Salary: Depended on experience.
Start Date: ASAP.
Are you a well versed, motivated Python Developer? Looking to join a fast paced environment working with the Cloud space? My exclusive client is looking to hire individuals like you!
You will be responsible for developing the connector framework for our platform. Connectors will be used to connect to various systems and applications, collect the required data and transform the data into a JSON format that can be easily consumed within the platform.
The individual will be working in a constantly evolving environment, due to technological advances and the strategic direction of the organisation. The ideal candidate will be a highly productive and motivated individual, proficient in a range of appropriate technologies and with a demonstrable track record at completing projects, and familiarity using Google Cloud Suite, microservices, coding in Python and big data experience.
In short, the company maintains a very flat structure which will be reflected in the work responsibilities. This role will require leadership skills with technical ability and a willingness to take on tasks from solution design to core functionality building. Typical responsibilities include:
* Design and/ or maintain solution architecture;
* Training and mentoring junior developers. Includes code review;
* Create and implement backend components and services;
* Come up with solutions which account for scalability and optimize performance for a multitenant solution;
* Develop very high-quality production ready code in an agile environment using test-based development methodology;
* Work closely with the product team to build new features and infrastructure requirements;
* Understanding requirements and following code standards;
* Estimate time taken for that requirement;
* Identify best practices in development (strict governance enforced);
* Fix bugs with minimal return from Testers;
* Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets;
* Standards-compliant code;
* Unit and functional testing.
* Computer science / information technology degree - preference will be given to candidates with honours and masters;
* Certification(s): Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Qualified Developer preferred, alternatively Google Cloud Certified Architect or Google Cloud Certified Data Engineer;
* Other suitable Python or related IT development qualification.
* 3+ years' experience creating / sustaining commercial open source systems and experience in working with the following:
* Strong software development experience in many of the following technologies: Python, SQL, XML, JSON, Web Services, Google cloud technologies;
* PostgreSQL or MySQL;
* REST API / or similar experience;
* Google Cloud Platform experience;
* Microservices experience, more specifically working with Apigee and Istio;
* Implementing security architecture and coding against a standard such as OWASP;
* Formal projects using tools such as Azure DevOps to manage a project end-to-end from backlog through to release management;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM;
* Ability to work under pressure and manage client expectations effectively.
If you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.