Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Dependant on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Want to work for an International 30-year award-winning provider of world-leading global retail technology and solutions with unparalleled growth potential?
Overall purpose of the job:
Modifies, develops, tests and maintains applications. Helps evaluate application systems, processes and requirements, makes changes to those systems and maintains them where necessary.
* Work as part of a project team to develop and test enterprise-ready business applications in a variety of configurations (e.g. web-based, desktop-based, service-based or scheduled processes).
* Help produce brand new solutions, solutions based upon third-party applications, or solutions that interact with existing systems.
* Is aware of, prepared to learn and follow industry best-practice when developing applications.
* Use programming languages and tools (generally) around the Java platform.
* Work with Business Analysts to specify business requirements and help translate these requirements into technical specifications (including Class, Sequence and other UML diagrams).
* Help Database Developers write efficient and effective database access code.
* Work with QA Analysts to implement testing plans and write the necessary code to automate testing in line with our Test-Driven Development methodology.
* Work with customers and project managers to deliver quality, effective software, in line with our Agile Development process.
* Help diagnose the root causes of systems issues using their problem-solving skills.
* Help research and evaluate potential technical solutions to business problems
Education and General Working Experience:
* Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential
* Proven Java experience of at least 3 - 5 years of professional Java development experience.
* Candidates with more or deeper development experience are welcome to apply.
* Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
* Development experience in a Scrum based Agile environment will be an advantage
* Exposure to BDD/TDD will be a definite advantage
* Exposure to Enterprise development is a requirement.
* Exposure to object-oriented design concepts will be an advantage
* Flexible hours
* Brand new work environment with fabulous chill area & bar
* Pension, Medical & Group Life Benefits
* Great coffee, hot chocolate, popcorn and fruit
* Free undercover parking
* Car wash service
* Paid for extra curricular activities like sports or music lessons
* Boot-camp style fitness classes
* Personal trainer
* Friday free drinks
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus benefits.
Alternatively if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.