Senior Java Developer/ Technical Lead
Job Title - Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead
Job Type - Permanent
Location: Stellenbosch, Cape Town
About the Client:
Do you want to join a team of technical leaders developing unique and interesting web applications and help them to extend their position as market leaders? Do you thrive in an agile team with high client focus developing Java software? Have a passion for developing fantastic software? Keep reading as this is the role for you!
As their Senior or Lead Developer you will:
* Develop unique and interesting web applications
* Obsess over requirements, design and user experience
* Provide insights into telecoms big data delivered by very large distributed processing systems.
* Have a passion for developing robust, reliable, high-throughput systems used by hundreds of expert operators, analysts and administrators.
* Develop application server components and user interfaces for data organisation, data exploration, data analysis, data visualisation, GIS and workflow
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
* At least a B.Sc. Computer Science degree or equivalent
* 6+ years relevant experience in an aligned position.
* Expert in requirements analysis in order to create and communicate exceptional designs.
* Expert in software development in at least one programming language and environment.
* Deep knowledge and experience developing software in an agile continuous integration environment with excellence in automated test.
* Practical experience in software development process improvement .
* Nurture a team culture to follow agreed processes.
* Familiarity with tools to support the processes.
* Demonstrable experience in technology evaluation to continuously improve architecture.
* Experience in leading projects and teams. Mentoring team members in new technologies or approaches, reviewing code and giving feedback within the team.
* Strong interest and experience in user experience design.
* Experience in multithreaded performance centric design
* Experience in deploying solutions to production, providing support and maintenance, dealing with user and support feedback and troubleshooting to rapidly solve problems.
* Great Work-Life Balance
* Travel Opportunities
* Furthering your Education
* Working with the latest and greatest Technology
* Top of the range tools and equipment
* Best coffee
* Profit Share
* Casual dress code
* Highly competitive Salaries
Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements before applying for this position - only South African citizens and permanent residents eligible for this role; due to a high volume of applications, if you haven't received a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market, I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
If you think that this job is something you might be looking for then please do not hesitate to contact me for a chat! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0875505663