Title: Full-stack C++ developer
Salary: up to 120K
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Want to work for an international organisation who is continuously excelling in their current field? Join a team that has presence in more than 30 countries, proving professional and bespoke solutions to a vast array of industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Development of high-grade Telecommunication Services in a Unix/Linux based environment
* Software specification, design, coding and debugging through to deployment to Operator sites
* Taking responsibility for software lifecycle management including version control and deployment package creation
* Effectively using tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
* Working in an agile development environment following Scrum methodologies.
The following minimum requirements are a prerequisite for applying for this vacancy:
* A bachelor degree in computer science or engineering/related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience,
* Minimum 4+ years' experience working as a Software Engineer, Developer or Programmer
* Solid experience doing object oriented back-end development using C++
* Experience with Source/Version control management (e.g.Git-Lab, Git)
Concurrent Systems works primarily with the following technologies and you will be expected to learn any relevant technology that you may not already be familiar with (as required for your specific role):
* Back End: C++, Kotlin, Node.js,
* Front End: C++, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, vue.js
* Scripting Languages: Python, Bash
* Databases: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
* Build Tools:NPM
* Version Control: Git, Gitlab
* Protocols: REST, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP
* Operating System: Linux (RHEL)
* Other Tools: Gitlab-CI, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative
Does this describe your abilities?
* Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
* Experience in designing and developing software applications from scratch
* Ability to document, diagram and verbally describe the application architecture and design
* Motivated, self-starter, who can work as part of a productive, fast-paced team
Preferable but not essential
* Experience or a working knowledge of a Linux development environment, preferably RHEL will be very advantageous
* Experience designing and/or implementing high-performance, highly-available and horizontally scalable software.
* Experience doing full stack development
* Experience with software profiling and optimization.
* Experience with database schema design, optimization and tuning.
* Experience with online transaction processing and or online analytical processing
* Experience with API and Interface design
* Experience with any of the following software and technologies: SQL, Linux, Swagger/ OpenAPI, HTTP, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative, Spring Framework, Gradle, Maven, Ansible, MySQL / MariaDB and Node.js.
You will work with a team that is exponentially growing their respected field in the South African. Your skill, attitude and understanding of decisions made in the past will be used to guide this team into the future.
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus benefits.
Alternatively if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.