Senior Fullstack Python Developer position - Freelance - Amsterdam
3 unique selling points of the company
1 Leading media company in the Netherlands and other European locations
2 Agile community with lots of interesting projects
3 Applying latest software engineering tools and moving towards public cloud
Skills & Requirements
* At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or working experience that is equal to the degree.
* A minimum of 5+ years in professional programming with Python/Django/Django REST framework.
* Working experience with development and design of high traffic and high reliable REST API's.
* Experience with developing critical / large scale websites and web services.
* Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis.
* Knowledge and fundamental understanding of operating systems (like Unix, Linux).
* Modern software engineering mindset (DevOps, CI/CD, QA, unit testing, pair programming).
* Experience with troubleshooting performance issues in a Python environment, extensive
* debug skills.
* Strategic and analytical thinker with flexibility in choice of technology and able to switch
* between languages and technologies.
* Team player, who is used to perform in an agile / scrum environment and helps others to
* Experience with cloud technologies (esp AWS) is a plus.
* Proficient English speaker, both written and verbal.
Hourly Rate Range:
Depending on skill level 70 - 90
Expected Weekly Hours:
Length of contract:
Initially 3 month, prolongation possible (and expected)
Any remote flexibility:
Not structurally, but can be discussed for special events
Beginning of January, no later than Feb 1st
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +31 (0)20 241 8553