Software Developer (PHP)
Salary: Dependant on Experience
My client takes a proactive approach to solving business challenges and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. It's the reason we love rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work - and it's why we're so successful. It takes an entire team to stand behind something big. Interested?
As a senior developer in one of our agile software engineering teams, you will develop software products and services to support our mission, keeping millions of people safe as they do business around the world. You will work with a talented and diverse global team in a dynamic and flexible environment with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques.
Our team is engaged in the development of software that is an intriguing mixture of geospatial data analytics and mapping tools on a sophisticated scalable cloud-based microservice architecture.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Engages in full stack web software engineering using the environments, tools, technologies, and techniques of the software engineering team
* Develops the user interface for our next generation geospatial web application
* Actively participates in solution design and analysis work, technology evaluation, choice, and evolution
* Works closely with Product Owners to provide accurate level of effort estimates, collaborating on committed stories/tasks each sprint
* Be a mentor and role model for developers in adopting both craftsmanship of well-engineered code and in adopting agile practices
* Understands and adheres to information security philosophies and practices for the protection of our own and our clients' proprietary and private data
* Enthusiastically and energetically helps drive the agile scrum process
Experience, Functional and Technical Requirements:
* Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to a software development-related undergraduate degree plus 6 or more years of experience in software development
* Must have PHP expertise with popular frameworks such as Laravel
* Must be capable of maintaining and developing Python applications
* API development and consumption of data through various data sources (redis, SQL, NoSQL)
* Must pass a pre-employment background check
* PHP and related libraries and frameworks
* Web mapping technologies such as MapBox
* Web UI elements (HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design)
* Devops tools (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
* Cloud deployments and services (Amazon Web Service)
* Postman (or similar, to test API calls)
* Version control using Git (preferably Bitbucket)
* Able to implement unit testing
* Demonstrated ability to pick-up and learn new technologies and concepts quickly
* Detail-oriented with a quality of work ethic
* Self-starting person that can proactively identify and solve problems and tasks
* Creative and persistent engineering problem solver
My client is dedicated to equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other protected class.