Role: Android Developer
Salary: Dependant on experience
We are looking for a passionate Android developer to help us develop our product offering. You will be responsible for the development of our NFC payments app.
* 4+ years' experience
* Experience with native Android projects and Android Studio
* Experience working in an agile team
* Experience working with consumer-facing projects
* Experience working with 3rd party integrations
* Preferred experience with public apps on the Play Store
* Preferred experience with NFC
* Preferred experience with RxJava
* Preferred experience working with legacy codebases
We're looking for someone who
* Has strong written and verbal communication skills
* Has confidence to delegate tasks
* Ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
* Great at problem solving
* Ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts
* Ability to empathise with others
* Able to be meticulous and show a high level of attention to detail
* High level of professionalism.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
* Good time management skills.
* Self-starter with high energy levels and pro-active personality
You will be responsible for
* Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
* Designing robust, scalable and secure feature, within the team
* Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
* Leading best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, etc)
* Refactoring and maintaining code standards
* Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into designs
* Growing junior developers
* Spending time at events to understand our real customer problems
You will work with a team that is exponentially growing their respected field in the South African. Your skill, attitude and understanding of decisions made in the past will be used to guide this team into the future.
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus benefits.
Alternatively if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.