Job Type: Senior Java Developer
Location: Cape Town (CBD)
Contact name: Liam Burrell
Telephone: +27 87 237 9834
Salary: Up to R85,000 per month
This company is an early stage business in the healthcare technology field providing safe and secure channels for professionals in the healthcare industry to share and collaborate regarding sensitive patient data.
They are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the team.
Purpose of the Job
Your will be part of a team building a critical real-time communication platform. You will take part in
the planning and delivery of a scalable architecture that can support a high load with full
* Contribution to the scalable and reliable architecture
* Development and maintenance of the core backend components
* Establishing automated deployment and testing processes
* Integration with third party systems
* Develop and maintain the core system components of the communication platform.
* Contribute to architecting and deploying a system that can scale according to demand with
* the necessary fault tolerance and redundancy structures in place.
* Manage deployment to cloud providers.
* Ensure databases are designed and performing optimally.
* Research and evaluate new technologies, components and tools for inclusion in our
* Involvement in the full software development lifecycle, including agile processes:
- SCRUM and sprint planning
- Continuous integration and automated deployment
- Maintain an automated testing environment
* Planning and architecture
* Maintaining production systems
* At least 3 years of backend development experience in a commercial environment
* (preferably one with external users)
* Java / Kotlin experience
* Familiarity with deployment to Linux environments
* Cloud platform experience advantageous
* Competent in using distributed source control systems
* Strong relational database experience
* Message queues and REST services
* Worked with Akka
* Worked with event-driven architecture and CQRS
* Worked with microservices architecture
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 87 237 9834