Position title: Software Testing Analyst
Work location: 180 Garsfontein Road, Ashlea Gardens, Pretoria.
Job purpose: Ensure software compliance to required standards and
specifications. Develop and execute test cases to ensure maximum
Qualification or certification in software testing
Diploma/Degree in Software Related Area
2 - 3 years
Required nature of
Testing multiple platforms, including web and mobile based
Documentation and maintenance of software test artifacts.
Using testing methodologies and techniques.
Coding experience in Java or C#.
elenium, Zephyr and JIRA experience would be advantageous.
Skills and Knowledge
Automated Test Tools and Platforms.
Software development life cycle (SDLC) and the software test life
Basic understanding of databases and SQL.
Common software failures and faults.
Essential Competencies: ● Examining Information
● Exploring Possibilities
● Showing Composure
● Meeting Timescales
● Checking Things
● Managing Tasks
● Producing Output
● Taking Action
Important Competencies: ● Documenting Facts
● Interpreting Data
● Adapting Practical Approaches
● Providing Insights
● Establishing Rapport
● Convincing People
● Making Decisions
● Conveying Self-Confidence
● Thinking Positively
● Team Working
● Following Procedures
● Pursuing Goals
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, WEIGHTS & OBJECTIVES
15% ● Develop test designs, test processes, test cases, test data, test
scenarios, test environment and prioritisation of test activities
at all stages of the development life cycle.
● Develop and execute software testing plans, specific to the
needs of each product or system, having analysed the specific
requirements for such product or system.
● Document software testing plans and reports.
● Maintain documentation for testing.
Software Testing &
55% ● Ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked and fulfills
functional requirements submitting for deployment.
● Prepare test environment, examples and instructions.
● Identify and facilitate issue resolution with functional and
technical groups (including problem reproduction).
● Execute tests in a repeatable manner for verification when
Software Component Changes are made.
● Design and develop automated test scripts that are reusable
and maintainable using available tools.
● Document test results and communicate these back to the
Team as through verbal and written channels.
● Plan and Manage the complete test cycle of software
development from requirements testing to user acceptance
and release testing.
● Carry out regular integration and compatibility testing of
software against different versions of both ios and android
devices, different mobile device brands, screen sizes and
● Integration, functional and compatibility testing of hardware
sets with software.
● Ensure testing is completed to ensure product conforms to
requirements and standards.
20% ● Collection and document testing requirements, development
of user stories, test cases, time estimates and work plans.
● Assist in maintaining system and product change logs and
release notes according to company standards.
● Manage, track and update tasks on Jira.
● Create templates for testing documentation and use cases
● Keep testing documentation up to date and up to standard.
● Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the
status, operation and testing of software.
Communication 10% ● Provide timeous, efficient and effective feedback on task
status to team lead and team.
● Proactively keep all stakeholders updated on progress, risks
● Provide insight and feedback on queries regarding relevant
projects and performance.
● Prepare feedback and status reports for team meetings.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities and is subject to change
depending on changing business requirements. Employees will be consulted on any changes.
Employee's performance will be reviewed based on the agreed upon objectives.