Job Title - Lead Technical AWS Engineer
Salary - R130,000 per month & Benefits
Job Type - Permanent - Full Time
Start date - Immediate/Ongoing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work alongside a top-flight development group. Looking for a keen AWS Engineer with good grounding and commercial AWS experience, with a proven track record. As Engineer you will be working in a dynamic environment with some of the most talented colleagues in the market. There are a number of exciting projects live and many more in the pipeline, as the company continues its market growth.
This company specialises in the world of IT, with a specific aim of creating and developing world-class bespoke software architecture, tailored to meet the requirements to resolve client needs. This company prides itself on their employees and pushes them to advance professionally as well the quality they deliver to all their clients and aim to only improve this.
your role would involve hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring and the below;
Skills & Experience (not all essential)
* Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
* Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
* Relevant Degree in Computer Science (related) or equivalent experience
* Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
* Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
* Ability to travel to work and client offices
* Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
* Experience in scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang, etc.).
* Extensive experience working with server virtualisation (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Digital Ocean, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
* An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
* Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
* You should love working with software development teams releasing production-ready software daily
* Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
* Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
* Experience working with container and orchestration technologies (Docker , & Kubernetes)
* Some experience with test automation and relevant tools
* Must be a team player and able to play a leadership role within the team.
* Must provide mentorship to the more junior members of the team.
* Effective verbal and written communication within team and client.
* Flexible and able to work under pressure.
* BSC degree related qualification/ IT Diploma
* Competitive salary and benefits
* A great working environment with cutting edge colleagues
* Room to grow and develop yourself
* Some of the most exciting projects in the market ranging from end to end of the spectrum
* A great team to influence and develop your skills
* Plus loads more
This is a fantastic opportunity for a to work alongside a cutting edge company, where the company thrives on a 'Work' hard 'Play' hard culture. This company will help you grow skilfully, by equipping you with the necessary resources for both professional and personal development.
If you believe that you meet the criteria we are looking for, we would love to hear from you by applying to the job.
Alternatively if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch providing your contact number to email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.