Do you want to work with cutting edge technologies in an Agile environment?
Do you want to design and build greenfield Mobile applications?
Do you want the flexibility to work from home on a weekly basis?
If the answer to all of the above is a resounding 'YES' then why not give the below ad a quick read...
I am engaged with a Global Enterprise who are looking to supplement their existing Mobile App Engineering function by recruiting an experienced VP of Mobile Engineering.
The role is part of a huge program of recruitment, with the main focus being the Mobile team due to their Mobile-first approach to Software Engineering and Product Development. The role is based in Cheshire and is an excellent opportunity for somebody to come in and work on a range of applications used by millions (and millions) of customers.
As a VP of Mobile Engineering, your role will see you drive activity across the mobile teams, acting as an SME within the business for all things iOS/Android whilst delivering hands on mobile development and architecture using Objective-C, Swift, Java and Kotlin.
You will be expected to act as a conduit between IT and the wider business, liaising closely with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) throughout the Software Engineering Lifecycle.
Furthermore, your role will give you the opportunity to progress in the longer term (into either Mobile Architecture or Development Management), whilst at the same time representing an exciting challenge in the short term. Moreover, this organisation offer loads of flexibility so you won't even be expected to be based in the office all of the time... yes, they have embraced the 21st Century!
In terms of what they expect from you... there's quite a bit. So you'll be glad to know that I have included the main bits below:
Skills & Qualifications
* Proven commercial experience developing iOS and Android applications, with proven programming experience in languages such as Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin and Java.
* Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum), as well as an appreciation for DevOps/CI/CD.
* Good knowledge of REST/JSON, as well as XML.
* Understanding of both Microservices and Serverless Architecture.
* Experience with core mobile tools/technologies including Android SDK, Cocoa, UIKit, Core Animation etc.
* Good experience working with UI/UX and an appreciation for high-quality design.
In return, you will benefit from the opportunity to join an organisation that is all about career progression and personal development. Moreover, they offer hugely competitive base salaries alongside a comprehensive benefits package including a non-contributory pension (10%), annual bonus, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
So if you like the sound of the above then why not apply? I can be contacted via the following...
* LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'
* Mobile - 07943721308
* Office - 0191 338 7540
* Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.